Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Subject Topic: 2013 Reunion Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
PonyTail
Currahee
Currahee

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 19 September 2012 at 11:09pm | IP Logged Quote PonyTail

Well Troopers it is going to happen, the 18th Annual ‘Stand Alone Currahee Reunion’.

This is going to take place in Indianapolis In. June 19th – 23th, 2013

The main hotel will be the same Marriott Hotel that the 101st held their reunion at in 2010.

The same people also own 2 other hotels on the same property and all 3 hotels share the same parking lots. The Fairfield is out the front door and the LaQuinta is out of the back door of the Marriott.

The hotels are as follows

The Marriott will have a room rate of $89.00 a night

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/inddt-indianapolis-mar riott-east/

The Fairfield will have a room rate of $79.00 a night

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/indes-fairfield-inn-an d-suites-indianapolis-east/

The LaQuinta Inn will have a room rate of $69.00 a night

http://www.lq.com/lq/index.jsp

All of the hotels will have a 17% tax added to the room rate.

I do not have a group code at this time, but I will have one in plenty of time for us to make our reservations. These rates will be good for 3 days before and after the reunion dates.

Here is the game plan as of this time. I hope to keep the cost for the reunion around 60 to 70 per person.

This will include everything in the hospitality room and the dinner on Friday night.

Wednesday June 19th:

Check in at the hospitality room it will be open from 9:00AM till Midnight.

Thursday June 20th:

Check in the hospitality room it will be open from 9:00AM till Midnight.

Also on Thursday there will be an optional bus trip to the Indiana War Memorial in the morning and the Indianapolis 500 Museum in the afternoon. I will need to get a firm head count on this to arrange for the right bus or buses. This should not cost more then $15.00 a person and this includes admission to the Indianapolis 500 museum, lunch will be on your own.

Check out these web sites http://indianawarmemorials.org/

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/facility/35204-Muse um/

Friday June 21st:

Check in the hospitality room it will be open from 9:00AM till 4:00PM.

Shuttles will start running to the ‘Cauley Compound’ from the hotel at 4:30PM; everyone needs to be at the compound by 5:30PM to see the Huey landing. Dinner will be served at 6:30PM; we will be having fried chicken, pulled pork, fried biscuits, apple butter, corn, and green beans. There will also be cake and drinks. I will have a few guest speakers and a huge firework show at dusk. We will then get you back to the hotels safe and sound and hopefully will a bit of a buzz on.

Saturday June 22nd: Check in the hospitality room it will be open from 9:00AM till Midnight.

Sunday June 23rd; maybe we can have a breakfast together and wish each other a safe trip home.

Now here is what I need right away before I sign contracts and put up my credit card.

Please let me know if you think you will be coming and if so which hotel will you most likely stay in.

I do understand that things come up that may make you to have a change of plans, but I need a rough count in order to have the hotels sit aside a block of rooms for us in the right hotels.

Please know this that this is open to all of the ‘Currahees’ and the units that supported them.

PonyTail Paul

A Legend in my own dysfunction mind….

PonyTail
Currahee
Currahee

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 20 September 2012 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote PonyTail

I forgot to mention that on Saturday I have arranged that anyone that wants will be able to become a member of IASAR and go on a Huey flight for $95.

Huey flights on Saturday will start around 1:00 PM anyone will be able to become a member of IASAR and go on a Huey flight for $95.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version